Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2007

50 Cent Haircut

I first saw 50 Cent Haircut at the Sherman Oaks Lounge (now called Coda) on Van Nuys Blvd. They did a rocking Honky Tonk version of Pink Floyd’s Breath ( no joke, it was great). Really a fantastic band. They play all the time in the LA area and I put them on my must see list. Jay and the gentleman of 50 Cent Haircut know how to lay it down. I have seen many shows at the Farmer’s Market at the Grove including an awesome jam on New Years Day. I felt really bad for them when they had their guitars stolen from a car in West Hollywood. As a harmonica player myself, I have to admire the band for that talent alone.

I can’t find Breath, but here is a Honky Tonk Who cover of “Don’t get fooled again” just to give you a taste of what the band is about.

Don’t Get Fooled Again



Elliott Smith Blues



Geronimo



Here is their 2003 release on Amazon.com

Brood Or Change

No comments: