Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Saucy Monky

Saucy Monky

One of my favorite LA area bands is Saucy Monky. I first stumbled upon them at Ireland’s 32, a fantastic Irish pub located in the San Fernando Valley. The lead girls offered me a free CD if I dropped my pants during the middle of their set. The bartender said I would be banned for life if I did. I really like to go to Ireland’s 32 so I ended up buying a CD instead. This first video comes from their Celebrity Trash album which was released in 2003. A couple of the songs from this album got a lot of radio play in Ireland.

Disco Ball





They released a cover of Divinyls “I touch myself” as a single and on their Tubulence album. The song was featured on the television show “Veronica Mars”.


I touch myself









They used to always play Thursday nights at O’Briens Pub on Main Street in Santa Monica but they say that the September 13th show was their last one there. They have a show lined up at Hotel CafĂ© at the end of September. I guess the best way to find out where they are playing next is to check out their myspace page.



No comments: