Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Eric Clapton - Tear in Heaven, Layla, and others


I have not seen Eric Clapton play a live show. I hope that someday I get the chance. Eric is an amazing guitarist, I have studied his music for years. He was listed in the top ten of Rolling Stone magazine’s greatest guitarists of all time. I don’t care if you are talking about the Yardbirds, Cream, Derek and the Dominoes, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers (I did see John play) or any of his decades of solo music and collaborations, Eric is one of the best. He knows his blues.

I felt bad after his son died which inspired this song:

Tears In Heaven



Here is a Bob Dylan tune that everyone (including me) covers

Knocking on Heaven’s Door



Wonderful tonight is a classic love song:



And here is one more for the road,

Layla Live in Japan

No comments: