Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Joe Cocker - Woodstock, Beautiful, and U2 cover

Hymn For My Soul is the new release from Joe Cocker that came out in 2007. I may just have to check it out. Joe became famous for his cover of The Beatles “With a little help from my friends” which featured Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page on guitar. This song became the opening track to the hit TV show “The Wonder Years. Here is Joe performing this song at Woodstock:

With a little help from my friends



Joe had a number of hits in the 80’s such as the Grammy Award winning “Love lift us up where we belong,” the theme song from my first wedding, as well as the theme song from the movie “An officer and a gentleman” and this classic hit:

You are so beautiful



And it seems that everyone wants to cover U2 these days.


One

No comments: